Monday, April 23, 2012

What came first the crafty or the cheap?

What can first the chicken or the egg? - this is another one of those questions...

Am I crafty and therefore doing it myself saves me money, or do I save money because I think I can do everything just as well without spending a ton of money? I am an idea person, I always see things, often online, sometimes shopping, or at a friends house, and I'm pretty sure that I can reproduce it. My parents instilled a bit too much "you can do whatever you set your mind to" in me. Etsy is the worst for me. I see things and decide I can make it just as well myself, so I can not possibly justify spending so much money on it... It does generally comes out slightly cheaper, but has taken 10 times as much time as I guessed. My hourly wage ends up being like 10 cents. Not very often do I do something that I think wow that was easy... Anyways, it doesn't really matter what came first.. Truth is "My name is Sara and I am a cheapy crafter."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!!!

-Sara