Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Little Dude #2

We welcomed our newest addition just a few weeks ago ( a story I will tell later) and I'm very excited to show all the projects we did for his nursery... Which he has yet to sleep in....

Being cheap, I wanted to reuse everything for baby #1. At the same time, I wanted this little guy to have an equally impressive room. So, we (a lot done with my mother's execution and my ideas) took almost everything and revamped it. Just a bit of fabric and time for Most things.

After scouring Pinterest for ideas, I had a plan. I really wanted to do owls and use grey, mint and yellow... Hubby wanted monkeys, and this is what you get.... My inspiration board!

Oh, in case your interested, I used dulux paint app to make my board. It lets you colour match anything, add photos and write stuff. It's a great little app.

The top right photo shows the decals I purchased from Etsy at this shop. They were a great find. The lady had a similar design with just the owls and trees, but hubby really wanted monkeys, so I asked her to add some in and she made them custom for us. I did spend a bit more money on them than I would have just buying them in a local store; but these are such a great quality and look like paint once they are up. They also won't leave any marks on the wall when removed, yet aren't peeling at all. They were super easy for hubby to install ( I supervised and gave direction).

The walls were the first big project and then it lead to all the other little ones. I find that when doing a room, I find a jumping off point, a colour, theme, ect. And build from there. This time I started with colours, yellow, mint and grey and then went on to find a theme, owls. I'll blog about all my other projects separately and share some links and/ or give some DIY instructions where I can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!!!

-Sara