Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Leftover pizza

How do you get rid of leftovers? I could not get anyone in my family to eat them! They don't want to eat the same thing again... So, I started putting everything ( well a lot) on pizza. They love it. Not only do they get something different. They also get pizza!!

I love homemade pizza, but I always forget to make the dough early enough, so I started using this recipe. It uses regular yeast, but is very quick. Also, I never roll the dough out anymore, I stretch is out. Pulling from the center. I get a rounder pizza and the bread gets us much nicer consistency when baked.

Almost any left over meat works awesome on pizza. Had a BBQ last night, take the left over steak and make a BBQ steak pizza. It works well to mix tomato sauce 50/50 with BBQ sauce for a great base, without an overpowering BBQ sauce taste. Fajitas on Monday? That filling is an awesome topping for a pizza, with a bit of tex mex cheese on top.. Mmm. Chicken and mushrooms left, throw it on...pulled pork? That could be an interesting flavor!

I hope everyone gets creative, has a great pizza night and that less food goes to waste!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!!!

-Sara