Sunday, July 8, 2012

Princess K's Castle

Yesterday was my good friend's bridal shower. She asked me to be a bridesmaid, so of course I was all over planning to shower. She choose the theme of "Princess;" So, beware, these next few posts include copious amounts of pink and sparkle.

The big centerpeice for this project was the cake pops. I showed how I make cake pops in another post here. This time I followed the exact same process. I wanted everything uniform in white and pink, so I dipped them all in white chocolate or vanilla frosting dip. I decorated them all with pink sugar or pink candy melts. I generally buy all my decorations at Bulk Barn. This way I can buy small amounts of everything, instead of having to purchase big bags. (I hate having left overs.)

I also made "bridal party" cake pops. I used the bride and groom cake pop tutorial that I found here. I made 3 tuxedo ones, to represent the groom and groomsmen. I made the bride like it says, but then did the same in pink to represent the bridesmaids. The groom was easy to make. But I still need a lot of practice piping, so I found the girl ones to be much more difficult.

After all of the cake pops were made I need to make a display. I used floral foam to build a castle. Three placed next to eachother made the base, which I simply wrapped in wrapping paper. I then cut 4 squares, wrapped them in wrapping paper and placed them on top on all 4 corners. At the dollar store I found a foam castle-making kit for children. I bought a few packs of those. And used them to decorate the castle.

I placed the foam castle on a cake board (99cents at bulk barn). I used a skewer to poke the hole for the cake pops.

Here is the final product...


It was a hit at the party. The only issue was that noone wanted to eat them because they were apparently "too pretty!"

2 comments:

  1. They were so delicious! I ate at least 5 ;)
    - Princess K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you liked it... And apparently approve of the title as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!!!

-Sara